Spellcasting in Silk

Spellcasting In Silk - Juliet Blackwell

One of the things I adore about this series is Lily's growth.  She started out as unsure, not trusting others, and a bit of a recluse.  She's gradually opened up, she has friends (who love her just as she is), she's in a relationship.  This book further explores her relationship with Sailor, she has to deal with jealousy and trust.  She's stronger for it.  I think this book focuses more on Lily's personal life than past books.  The mystery is still there (as the "unofficial witchy consultant of the SFPD"), but I felt it was more in the background.

My only disappointment with the book is the ending is abrupt.  This particular series has a yearly wait between books.  I can take a strong guess where this series might be going.

I'm thinking Lily's sperm donor father might be making an appearance.  She will have to face her further and her fated, "not destined to/for love."  I think she going to fight that, and I hope she does!  Now I have to wait a fucking year!  However, as of today 8/2/15, no book 8 is even listed as to be published.

(show spoiler)